The association is named as “Baptistine Association in the Philippines” (BAP). It is a catholic, non-profit organization whose aim is to give glory to God by living faithfully the Christian life and by sharing in the charism and mission of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. John the Baptist in the spirit of St. Alfonso Maria Fusco.
The membership of the Baptistine Association is open to any practicing Catholic individual who has expressed his/her desire to share the charism and mission of St Alfonso Maria Fusco, and is willing to:
- Witness to Jesus of Nazareth
- Commit to grow in the spiritual life through the Word of God and the Eucharist
- Work in collaboration with others
- Live the preferential option for the little ones and the poor
- Render service gratuitously in the spirit of the love for Christ and His Church (cf. X International Assembly)
IDENTITY OF THE BAPTISTINE ASSOCIATE
The Baptistine Associate is a person called by God to fulfill the universal call to holiness, living his/her daily reality immersed in the spirituality of Saint Alfonso Maria Fusco. S/he shares in the charism and participates in the mission of the Congregation of Saint John the Baptist. (cf. X International Assembly)
- The commitment to be a Baptistine Associate is the result of a free and motivated choice, which has progressively matured under the action of the Holy Spirit. For this reason, whoever wishes to enter the Association accepts an adequate program of preparation which lasts as long as it is necessary to verify the authenticity of the calling.
- Official entry into the Association takes place by making a personal “Promise” to live one’s Baptismal option in accordance with the present regulations. The Associate then receives a Certificate of Membership of the Association.
FORMATION OF THE BAPTISTINE ASSOCIATE
Guidelines for the Formation of the Baptistine Associate:
- deepen the basics of the Christian Life
- deepen the knowledge of Sacred Scriptures and of the Church's doctrine
- know the role of the laity in the Church
- study the life of ST. Alfonso Maria Fusco
- know the history, charism, spirituality, and mission of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. John the Baptist
- grow in human and spiritual formation
- study the Statutes of the Baptistine Association.
The Program of Formation is subject to the evaluation and approval of the Major Superior and Council.
MINISTRIESVice Provincial Residence
St John the Baptist Community - Superville, Paranaque
Children's Home Ministry
Alfonso Maria Fusco Children's Home - Virac, Catanduanes
Holy Cross Children's Home - Tabaco, Albay
Our Lady of Divine Providence Home - Talisay, Cebu
Retreat and Pastoral Ministries
Sisters of St John the Baptist House of Prayer - Tagaytay
Galilee House of Prayer - Palawig, San Andres, Catanduanes
St John the Baptist Convent - Cagayan de Oro City
St John the Baptist Convent - San Felipe, Zambales
St. Alfonso Maria Fusco Community - Horshiam, Victoria, Australia
Ville St. John Academy
Ville St. John School - Virac
Ville St. John School - Cebu
Ville St. John School - Tabaco
Mother Crucifix Caputo Academy
Holy Child Academy - Kinoguitan Misamis Oriental